1/4 Photos of Chicken Veronique
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A quick and easy, low fat, low calorie chicken dish: chicken sautéed with garlic and mushrooms and served in a classic French wine sauce. Adapted from Rodale's "Terrific Chicken: 100 Great Meals in Minutes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium-high heat.
- 2Add the chicken breast halves and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- 3Turn the chicken breast halves over, add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes, or until the garlic and mushrooms soften and the chicken is golden brown.
- 4Remove the chicken breast halves, garlic and mushrooms from the pan, keep warm, and pour off the excess oil.
- 5Add the sugar and half of the wine to the pan, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 6Add the remaining wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by half.
- 7Mix the stock and cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk into the wine mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 8Return the chicken to the sauce.
- 9Add the grapes and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- 10Serve over rice or noodles with your favourite side dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Veronique
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 183.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 33.1 g