Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Greek inspired chicken breasts with the taste of vermouth, cinnamon, lemon rind and finished with yogurt. Would be nice served with spinach and rice. Cook time an estimate, only made this once.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind (not the white bitter part)
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet until very hot.
- Reduce the heat to medium high, add olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the garlic to the onion and stir.
- Wash, dry and cut chicken into bite sized chunks.
- Add to the pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add the lemon rind,vermouth, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of the chicken broth (4 T) to the pan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the remaining TBS of chicken broth into the cornstarch, and mix to a smooth paste; stir into the pan.
- Add the yogurt, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat on low for about two more minutes.
The flavor of this chicken is just wonderful. It was really aromatic with the combination of cinnamon, vermouth and lemon. It smelled fantastic cooking and tasted even better!! Thanks!!