Recipe by - Carla -
This light soup can be put together in a matter of minutes and is full of flavor.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 1⁄2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup dried vermicelli
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl; stir in chopped cilantro.
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan and pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg, swirl to cover the bottom of the pan evenly; cook until set.
- Repeat the process until all of the egg mixture is used up.
- Tighly roll each egg "pancake" up and slice thinly into shreds; set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add the vermicelli; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vermicelli is almost tender.
- Add the sliced chicken and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat soup through 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the egg shreds.
- Serve immediately.