Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy chicken and pasta dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti or 1 (16 ounce) package vermicelli
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups milk, could use skim
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta to just done or aldente.
- In large pot, cook onion, garlic and green peppers in non-stick spray or a little olive oil until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add the tomatoes, milk, and worcestershire sauce, stirring until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Lower heat and add red peppers (if using) and peas, mixing well.
- Add the noodles, chicken, and cheese stirring to mix well and heat through.
- Pour into a baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Can be frozen at this point.
- Heat for 20 minutes at 350 until bubbly.