1/5 Photos of Chicken Verde
3 hrs 20 mins
Craving Mexican? Tasty shredded chicken in sauce will leave you craving more. This recipe will make enough to leave you with leftovers! It reheats well too...in fact I think it gets better with time...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a fairly shallow soup pot, place chicken, water, 1 onion, halved, 2 cloves garlic, halved, and salt and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer 1-2 hours until chicken is very tender and falling off bones.
- 3Remove chicken, and allow to cool enough to handle.
- 4Strain stock, and discard veggies, reserving the stock in the same pot.
- 5When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred chicken, by pulling it apart, discarding skin and bones.
- 6Add meat to soup pot.
- 7Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, or until desired thickness of sauce is achieved.
- 8Serve in burritos with rice, beans, cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Verde
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 96.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: