1 hr 5 mins
Lee in Texas's Note:
This is one of my families' favorites. You can make it just as spicy or non spicy as you like by varying the amount of jalepenos added
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute chicken breasts in oil sprinkling lightly with garlic powder and cumin, about 5-8 minutes per side.
- 2Shred chicken and reserve.
- 3Deglaze saute pan with one cup chicken broth and add soups, chiles, and onion.
- 4Simmer sauce on low heat 30 minutes.
- 5If desired add two diced jalepenos at this point.
- 6Warm tortillas (40 sec in wet paper towel in the microwave works great).
- 7Spray 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. It helps to ladle a spoonful of sauce on the bottom of the pan before rolling the enchiladas. They stay softer.
- 8Roll chicken and cheese in tortillas and array in pan.
- 9Pour sauce over and top with more cheese.
- 10Bake at 350 deg for 30 min.
- 11Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
- 12Serve with rice and beans and maybe a margarita.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Verde
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 268.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup
low-fat cream of chicken soup