Was looking for something to cook with chicken or some way new to prepare it and voila - I found this in Midwest Living ( a newsletter that I got as an introductory offer) We marinated it with fresh lime juice for a few minutes, didn't call for roasted garlic but I had some so I used it, & the rest is just scrumptious! Enjoyed it with haricots verts - mixed with onions - delicious. However, the sauce was so great that I paired it with rice. The Cubans love having a sauce to put on their white rice, served at almost every meal!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine (cooked according to directions) or 8 ounces linguine (cooked according to directions)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 limes, juice of (not the bottled kind) or 1 lemon, juice of (not the bottled kind)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter (or less)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (I used roasted garlic)
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 1/4 cup toasted coarsely chopped pistachio nut
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain & keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, cut chicken marinated in lime or lemon juice, into bite-size strips.
- 3In a very large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon; discard pan drippings.
- 5In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 6Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds; remove from heat.
- 7Add artichokes, pistachios and wine & return to heat.
- 8Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 9Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes; stir in salt, freshly ground black pepper & crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- 10Return chicken to the skillet.
- 11Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- 12To serve, arrange the pasta on 4 individual dinner plates or a large platter.
- 13Spoon the chicken mixture over the pasta.
- 14Sprinkle with parsley and cracked black pepper to taste.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Veneto
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.3 g