Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Was looking for something to cook with chicken or some way new to prepare it and voila - I found this in Midwest Living ( a newsletter that I got as an introductory offer) We marinated it with fresh lime juice for a few minutes, didn't call for roasted garlic but I had some so I used it, & the rest is just scrumptious! Enjoyed it with haricots verts - mixed with onions - delicious. However, the sauce was so great that I paired it with rice. The Cubans love having a sauce to put on their white rice, served at almost every meal!!!!
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine (cooked according to directions) or 8 ounces linguine (cooked according to directions)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 limes, juice of (not the bottled kind) or 1 lemon, juice of (not the bottled kind)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or less)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (I used roasted garlic)
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coarsely chopped pistachio nut
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain & keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken marinated in lime or lemon juice, into bite-size strips.
- In a very large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon; discard pan drippings.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds; remove from heat.
- Add artichokes, pistachios and wine & return to heat.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes; stir in salt, freshly ground black pepper & crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- To serve, arrange the pasta on 4 individual dinner plates or a large platter.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.