Recipe by Ridgely
I had this soup at a church dinner. I couldn't believe how tasty it was, for just having simple ingredients. This soup really hits the spot.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 1 1⁄2 quarts hot chicken broth
- 1 cup warmed half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour to melted butter; cook for 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Set aside.
- Combine milk, 1 pint of broth and the cream in a large pot.
- Heat but don't boil
- Add butter flour mixture and stir and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add remaining 1 quart broth, cooked chicken, salt and pepper.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Add some frozen green beans or grated carrot for color.