Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had this soup at a church dinner. I couldn't believe how tasty it was, for just having simple ingredients. This soup really hits the spot.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour to melted butter; cook for 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Set aside.
- Combine milk, 1 pint of broth and the cream in a large pot.
- Heat but don't boil
- Add butter flour mixture and stir and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add remaining 1 quart broth, cooked chicken, salt and pepper.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Add some frozen green beans or grated carrot for color.
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet - shame on me. Simple, soooo easy and a lovely taste. A new comfort food in our house.