from The Complete Book of Soups and Stews by Bernard Clayton, Jr.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend together the butter and flour in a medium (3 qt) saucepan. Add warmed cream and stir until smooth. The soup will begin to thicken as it is heated.
- 2Stir in 2 cups of the hot stock. Over low heat, stir and cook until heated and blended, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the remaining 4 cups of stock and the chopped chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat to serving temperature- steaming, but not boiling lest the cream break into unattractive particles. Watch the pot closely to keep from coming to a boil.
- 5Serve in heated tureen and leadle into heated bowls. Garnish with snippets of parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Velvet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 747.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.6 g