Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from The Complete Book of Soups and Stews by Bernard Clayton, Jr.
Make and share this Chicken Velvet Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Blend together the butter and flour in a medium (3 qt) saucepan. Add warmed cream and stir until smooth. The soup will begin to thicken as it is heated.
- Stir in 2 cups of the hot stock. Over low heat, stir and cook until heated and blended, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of stock and the chopped chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat to serving temperature- steaming, but not boiling lest the cream break into unattractive particles. Watch the pot closely to keep from coming to a boil.
- Serve in heated tureen and leadle into heated bowls. Garnish with snippets of parsley.
Heavenly! Decadent but very easy and quick to make. Will definitely be making this again.
I made half the recipe and it truly is velvety! Requires your attention while cooking, but very worth it. This would be a great opener for a company dinner. I will be making this again, Thanks for sharing Mom10. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.