Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from The Complete Book of Soups and Stews by Bernard Clayton, Jr.
Make and share this Chicken Velvet Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Blend together the butter and flour in a medium (3 qt) saucepan. Add warmed cream and stir until smooth. The soup will begin to thicken as it is heated.
- Stir in 2 cups of the hot stock. Over low heat, stir and cook until heated and blended, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of stock and the chopped chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat to serving temperature- steaming, but not boiling lest the cream break into unattractive particles. Watch the pot closely to keep from coming to a boil.
- Serve in heated tureen and leadle into heated bowls. Garnish with snippets of parsley.
Heavenly! Decadent but very easy and quick to make. Will definitely be making this again.
I made half the recipe and it truly is velvety! Requires your attention while cooking, but very worth it. This would be a great opener for a company dinner. I will be making this again, Thanks for sharing Mom10. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.