Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very rich soup and simple to make.
Make and share this Chicken Velvet Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter. Stir in flour to blend.
- Slowly add milk, light cream, and chicken broth, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in chicken. Add cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Return to boiling and serve immediately.
This is an easy recipe and very tasty soup. Definitely hearty and hits the spot. It's a keeper.