Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This is a recipe out of my grandmother's cookbook. It is a lovely creamy soup with lots of chickeny-goodness. I have no idea how much it makes and she can't remember either, so I'll have to guess. Also, by setting the milk and cream out a little while before preparing this soup and letting it come closer to room temperature, you can avoid lumps.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
So simple, but so delish. If you have some left over chicken this is a must try. I browned the flour first, just till golden brown..a trick my aunt taught me, makes gravy or sauce just better. Did add a bit of hot sauce, 1/3 cup min. rice, s& p and pacific organic chicken broth. Fast and easy keeper. thank you cookie lady.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pot and whisk in flour.
- Mix together the milk, cream, and chicken broth.
- Pour it in the pot in small amounts, letting the mixture warm and whisking continuously to keep the flour from lumping.
- Keep whisking until it is creamy.
- Add in the chicken and carrots (if desired),
- stir again and serve.