Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe out of my grandmother's cookbook. It is a lovely creamy soup with lots of chickeny-goodness. I have no idea how much it makes and she can't remember either, so I'll have to guess. Also, by setting the milk and cream out a little while before preparing this soup and letting it come closer to room temperature, you can avoid lumps.
- Melt butter in a pot and whisk in flour.
- Mix together the milk, cream, and chicken broth.
- Pour it in the pot in small amounts, letting the mixture warm and whisking continuously to keep the flour from lumping.
- Keep whisking until it is creamy.
- Add in the chicken and carrots (if desired),
- stir again and serve.