This is a recipe out of my grandmother's cookbook. It is a lovely creamy soup with lots of chickeny-goodness. I have no idea how much it makes and she can't remember either, so I'll have to guess. Also, by setting the milk and cream out a little while before preparing this soup and letting it come closer to room temperature, you can avoid lumps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a pot and whisk in flour.
- 2Mix together the milk, cream, and chicken broth.
- 3Pour it in the pot in small amounts, letting the mixture warm and whisking continuously to keep the flour from lumping.
- 4Keep whisking until it is creamy.
- 5Add in the chicken and carrots (if desired),
- 6stir again and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Velvet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 745.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g