Recipe by Scandigirl
Great asparagus soup to serve as a starter for a beef dinner, easy to make and it presents itself well.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans asparagus
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When the margarine melts, add the asparagus from one can only, discarding the juice.
- Then add the flour, mix with a wooden spoon and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add the hot chicken stock, whisking constantly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and continue to cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and strain the chicken veloute through a sieve.
- Dice the asparagus from the second can, place it in the chicken soup, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.