Recipe by Manda
My favorite way of cooking...throw in a litle of this, a little of that, and it is so satisfying when you end up with a wonderful tasting dish!! Fairly simple ingredients and prep...can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!!
Top Review by east coast nellie
Very tasty. Made exactly as written using a pyrex dish, rubbing the chicken breast with salt and pepper before adding the other ingredients. My only suggestion would be to reduce the amount of chicken broth to half a cup since the sauce did come out very thin. I ended up pureeing some roasted red pepper and cooking the sauce down to get it a little thicker. I also added some quartered mushrooms which were very delish. The chicken was cooked perfectly, by the way, and I had a thicker breast that I thought wouldn't be done. Thank you Manda!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In 13x9 inch baking dish, place chicken in single layer.
- Sprinkle sliced zucchini, thawed corn and peas, and sliced red pepper and onion over top.
- Combine tomato sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, minced garlic, and salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over top of chicken in pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until chicken juices run clear.
- In meantime, prepare penne pasta according to package, and drain.
- Serve chicken mixture over pasta with grated Parmesan cheese for topping.