Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great dish for a blustery winter night meal. It's warm, nourishing and filling.
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 eggs, raw
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1⁄4 cup potato, 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, ground, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes, ground, dried
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- -Fill a 4 quart pot with 2.5 quarts* of water.
- -Cut then add 2.5 cups previously cooked chicken into the water (I use chicken I roasted for dinner the night before). Bring it to a rolling boil.
- -Add 2 cubes of chicken bullion. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- -Add 2 raw eggs, Cut then add 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup baby carrots, halved, 1/4 cup potato, 1 inch squares, 1/2 cup onion, chopped, 1/2 cup sliced baby 'bella mushrooms.
- -Season to taste. I season with 1/2 tsp ground, dried garlic, 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt.
- -Low simmer for approximately 1 hour letting the flavors blend. Add seasoning according to taste.
- -After an hour of simmering add 2 cups of egg noodles. Let the soup simmer for an additional hour or until the noodles are cooked.
- -Remove from heat and serve hot in 1.5 cup bowls with whole wheat mini bagels.
- *Add more water if you want more of a "soupy" mixture.
- I also pepper my bowl to taste and add a couple of splashes of Tobasco or other hot pepper sauce.It warms the heart.
- Add any other vegetables you might want to add. i've added 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup peas, cubed squash, etc. in the past.
- It can also be broken out into single meal packets, frozen and reheated for another blustery day or microwaved for a quick lunch.