Recipe by Soup Fly *
This is a chili type soup with a Southwestern flavor that I made up with things I happened to have in the kitchen. Can easily be doubled. The garnishes are great additions, especially the cheese and tortilla chips. Got a thumbs up from the family, so it will be a repeat here!
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (Can use dark meat if you prefer)
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 8 ounces frozen vegetables, Mexican blend (broccoli, cauliflower, corn and red peppers)
- 3⁄4 ounce taco seasoning (1/2 pack)
- corn tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring two cups water to a boil.
- Add bullion cubes and allow to disolve.
- Stir in taco seasoning.
- Lower heat to med-low and add tomatoes and frozen vegetables. (I whizzed these through the food processor a bit to get smaller pieces as a personal preference.).
- Mix in pinto beans.
- Stir in cheese soup until well-mixed and melted smooth.
- Stir in chicken.
- Allow to heat through.
- Can be served immediately or left to simmer on stove for several hours.
- Top individual bowls with optional garnishes if desired.