Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple, quick, and flavorful meal using ingredients I usually keep on hand, from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute carrots for 2 minutes. Add broccoli; saute for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir into skillet.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.