Recipe by -JL
This is an adaptation of a recipe found on a Campbell's soup label. I strongly recommend making just enough to satisfy the family in one meal. While leftovers still taste fine they lose texture. This does NOT freeze well.
Top Review by MommaEllen
Yummy! we ended up using regular pasta since I was out of wheat pasta, but this made just enough for 4 people, with the little bit of leftovers going into some soup the next day. thanks for sharing! Made for Spring Pick A Chef 09.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (out of the can is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bagcalifornia style mixed vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots)
- 2 cups chicken breasts (boiled then cubed)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (Freshly grated, or bagged)
- 150 g whole wheat linguine
- pepper, to taste (salt should not be needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breast until done, drain and allow chicken to cool, chop into cubes, set aside.
- Steam vegetables (or par boil), set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, both cheeses, and garlic power and bring to simmer.
- Boil pasta.
- Add vegetables to soup mixture coat well and cover for ~10 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Drain pasta once al dente.
- Add pasta to mixture, simmer ~5 minutes.