Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe found on a Campbell's soup label. I strongly recommend making just enough to satisfy the family in one meal. While leftovers still taste fine they lose texture. This does NOT freeze well.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (out of the can is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bagcalifornia style mixed vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots)
- 2 cups chicken breasts (boiled then cubed)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (Freshly grated, or bagged)
- 150 g whole wheat linguine
- pepper, to taste (salt should not be needed)
- Boil chicken breast until done, drain and allow chicken to cool, chop into cubes, set aside.
- Steam vegetables (or par boil), set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, both cheeses, and garlic power and bring to simmer.
- Boil pasta.
- Add vegetables to soup mixture coat well and cover for ~10 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Drain pasta once al dente.
- Add pasta to mixture, simmer ~5 minutes.
Yummy! we ended up using regular pasta since I was out of wheat pasta, but this made just enough for 4 people, with the little bit of leftovers going into some soup the next day. thanks for sharing! Made for Spring Pick A Chef 09.