Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I used breasts instead of legs in this. From Woman's Day magazine (11/1/06)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced and rinsed (1 1/2 cups) or 1 1⁄2 cups sliced scallions
- 4 whole chicken legs, skin removed (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 4 medium new potatoes, cut in 1 1/2 chunks (about 12 oz)
- 8 ounces baby carrots (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- Stir soup and leeks in a 3large slow-cooker until blended.
- Add chicken, potatoes and carrots; stir to mix and coat.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until chicken, potatoes and carrots are tender when pierced.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add mustard to cooker; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the dill and scallion; spoon over chicken and vegetables.
A really good recipe. The smell was yummy! The sauce delicious. I used 5 or 6 chicken breasts, 4 big potatoes, 4 carrots, and no scallions at the end. Next time, I'll put 2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup. Thanks :)
We enjoyed this very much. I added extra potatoes and carrots. I used a combo of breasts and legs. After tasting the sauce, I added an extra tbsp of Dijon mustard....yum! I'll make this again. Thanx for posting!
I had the flu last week, so I was looking for a recipe requiring minimal effort. The prep was so quick and easy. If it hadn't been for the lovely smell that filled the house all day, I would have forgotten I'd even made dinner. Excellent flavours, and it reheated well for my husband's lunch.