Recipe by *Asha*
I love soups and during fall and winter I eat them 3-4 times a week. I always look for tasty, quick, and comforting recipes. This one you can change to whatever veggies you have on hand. But this is my favorite combination.
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 4 1⁄2 ounces small shaped pasta
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely dice the chicken, discarding any skin.
- Heat the oil and quickly saute the chicken and vegetables until they are lightly colored.
- Stir in the stock and herbs. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Return to boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if using) Serve with crusty bread for a complete meal.