Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love soups and during fall and winter I eat them 3-4 times a week. I always look for tasty, quick, and comforting recipes. This one you can change to whatever veggies you have on hand. But this is my favorite combination.
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 4 1⁄2 ounces small shaped pasta
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Finely dice the chicken, discarding any skin.
- Heat the oil and quickly saute the chicken and vegetables until they are lightly colored.
- Stir in the stock and herbs. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Return to boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if using) Serve with crusty bread for a complete meal.
Nice and easy soup. I used carrots, peas and corn.I usually make chicken stock but didn't have any this time so I used chicken bujon cube. Thanks for recipe Asha.
Tasty, tasty & very tasty! This is a great, easy-to-make soup! I used frozen mixed vegetables instead of the carrots & added with the broth. For my 2 tsp of herbs, I used 1 tsp of basil & 1 tsp of rosemary and for my pasta, I used half orzo & half spaghetti (broken into small pieces). We were very pleased with the flavour - it was somewhat of a debate to see who gets to take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Hello Asha! :) This was so simple to make and soooooooo delicious. I've been staying in NY for the last month, so this soup sure tasted good on a cold, wintery day. The only different thing I did was use egg noodles, instead of small-shaped pasta. I will definitely make this again! Thank you!