Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Yummy recipe for those Peanut Butter lovers. Leftovers taste better the second day Adapted from similar recipe on allrecipes.com.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup celery, chopped, sliced in half
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Combine all ingredients except the zuchini and parsley in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 7 and 1/2 hours on low heat.
- Turn cooker on high and add the zucchini and parsley and cook for 1/2 to 3/4 hours.
- Serve while piping hot.
Very tasty - lots of beautiful ingredients, and the peanut butter gives a nice creamy texture but without the overpowering oiliness that real cream would give. Nice nutty aftertaste. Used no-added-salt peanut butter in mine, and served with crusty rolls. Thanks for this recipe!