Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Healthy and quick, you can substitute fish or meat for the chicken, and substitute your favorite veggies. Cook time does not include cooking rice.
- 4 cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to frying pan or wok and heat to medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add onions and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, then add carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli and teriyaki sauce.
- Continue stirring and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until veggies are tender crisp.
- Add sprouts last and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.