Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 inch strips
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lenghthwise and sliced (about 1 lb.)
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink.
- Drain chicken, and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Add zucchini, chopped green pepper, mushroom slices, chopped onion, and garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken, spaghetti sauce, salt, and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese; cook until cheese melts, stirring often.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Arrange noodles on a large platter; top with sauce mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and parsley.
This was a delicious recipe. I found that only 2 zucchini and 3 chicken breast halves did the trick. Will definitely make this dish again!