Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A thick, chunky soup :-)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small macaroni
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add in the kielbasa, onions, and garlic; saute until onions and garlic are tender and the kielbasa is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add in stock, carrots, celery, zucchini, salt, and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to med-low and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add in chicken and macaroni; simmer, uncovered, until the macaroni is tender and the flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.