Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I came up with this recipe on a cold rainy night. I am on the South Beach Diet and wanted some soup and came up with this one. Something a little different from your run of the mill Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Simmer chicken, chicken broth, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, cajun seasoning, salt, parsley, garlic, celery and onions in large pot for a couple of hours or until chicken is falling apart.
- Add broccoli and zucchini, cook until tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
Totally yummy soup, Sly. I made it for take to work lunches this week for me and the husband. The poultry seasoning and bay leaves add a wonderful flavor. Very healthy and filling. Had a small green salad to go with it and we were set. Thanks for sharing your creation.
This has fantastic flavor. I did not use breasts, I made stock and just used that, no meat. It was very very filling and the bay added just the right touch. Good job!
I made this for my work Soup Lunch due to the fact that 4 ladies are on the South Beach Diet, and I wanted to be able to incude them. It was a big hit, and many people asked me for the recipe. I did add fresh green beans cut in 1 inch pieces and also summer squash. I thought it tasted like chicken noodle soup without the noodles. Thank you for creating and sharing this wonderful recipe.