Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a soup I make for my family when they are sick or it is cold.
- 7 ounces corn, canned
- 7 ounces carrots, canned
- 7 ounces French style green beans, canned
- 5 cups water
- 1 chicken and tomato bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 large potato
- In a med to large size sauce pan add the 5 cups of water.
- Add the drained corn, and green beans to the water.
- Cut all the carrot slices into 3rds then add to the water.
- Cut the potato into real small cubes and then add to water.
- Add chicken and tomato bouillon cube to the water.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to the water.
- Add the chicken tenders to the water.
- Place on medium to high heat until it becomes a rapid boil.
- Turn heat down once at a rapid boil to medium to low heat so it is simmering.
- Remove chicken from sauce pan and cut into real small cubes.
- Add cubed chicken back to sauce pan.
- Simmer soup for 20 minute at medium to low heat.
Made this using frozen corn, fresh carrots & fresh green beans, along with a bit of lemon pepper (for some additional last-minute seasoning), but otherwise followed our recipe right on down! Another time I might just substitute some homemade chicken broth for the water & bouillon cube! A nice change from the more usual chicken soup! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]