Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy chicken soup recipe with plenty of veggies. Lots of flavor, not a lot of prep time, and pretty much fool-proof. You can leave this simmering on the back burner while you do household chores or projects; it doesn't need a lot of babysitting.
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup egg noodles
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Chop your veggies up nice and small. Smaller pieces cook through faster.
- Put chicken in water and boil until chicken is fully cooked. Pour off water and save for later.
- Shred chicken into small pieces, and place in pot. Add chicken stock, and vegetables. Add a few cups of the water you saved in step 2- I used 3 cups. Bring to simmer and cover.
- When carrots and potatoes are fully cooked, add egg noodles and salt to taste. Let simmer until egg noodles are cooked.
- That's it! You're done! Serve with bread, and salads.
Yep, it's easy; it's good! I did use 2 breasts instead of the thighs, other than that, everything was done as written. Made for Spring 2012 PAC.