Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy, stove top soup you can make when the urge for something hot and comforting strikes.
- 473.18 ml chopped chicken meat
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 14.79 ml chopped green pepper
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml diced potato
- 59.14 ml diced carrot
- 118.29 ml light cream
- In soup pot, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, boullion, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; quickly stir in cream.
Inez, you have nursed me back to health! I've been stuffed up with a cold, feeling rotten all over and not wanting to eat a thing. My boyfriend went looking for a recipe that I would eat and he chose this soup. It was so delicious I had two bowls and that's saying something because I hadn't eaten anything but ice cream for a day. The steam cleared my nose, the veggies and hearty broth filled me up. And I feel so much better now. Must have been the soup that did it!
This soup was really lovely. I used my homemade chicken stock and added some noodles five minutes towards the end. The is real comfort food. Thanks so much for sharing.
Mu DH just loved it. I had chicken left over from the night before, and used Campbell's Chicken broth. I did omit the cream however this time as we both have a bit of Sinusitis; therefore it's best to avoid dairy!