Recipe by MizzNezz
This is an easy, stove top soup you can make when the urge for something hot and comforting strikes.
Top Review by Sackville
Inez, you have nursed me back to health! I've been stuffed up with a cold, feeling rotten all over and not wanting to eat a thing. My boyfriend went looking for a recipe that I would eat and he chose this soup. It was so delicious I had two bowls and that's saying something because I hadn't eaten anything but ice cream for a day. The steam cleared my nose, the veggies and hearty broth filled me up. And I feel so much better now. Must have been the soup that did it!
- 2 cups chopped chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In soup pot, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, boullion, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; quickly stir in cream.