Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I wanted vegetable soup, but without using beef and potatoes. So I came up with this and it came out pretty good! And it is good for you!
Ingredients for Roasting Chicken
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for Soup
- chicken broth, from roasted chicken breast, strained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb baby carrots, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower
- 2 stalks celery, Chopped in small pieces
- 8 roma tomatoes, Chopped
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a roaster pan.
- Add water, chicken base, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain broth into soup pot.
- Turn stove burner to high heat.
- Add vegeteble broth and water to pot.
- Tear chicken into small pieces and add.
- Add all the vegetables, except tomatoes.
- Cook on high for 25 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes on medium heat.