Have you ever tried vegetable soup with chicken instead of beef?
Make and share this Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18-1360.77 g chicken breasts
- 2129.31-2365.9 ml water
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 (793.78 g) can diced tomatoes
- 283.49 g package frozen mixed vegetables
- 283.49 g package frozen succotash (lima beans and corn)
- 283.49 g package frozen peas and corn
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 3/4 to 1 inch
- 4.92 ml salt ((or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Place chicken breasts and chopped onions in large pot (at least 6 quarts).
- Add water, bring to a boil, then turn back to medium heat and cook chicken for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from water, remove skin and bones, then cut chicken into smaller pieces and return to the water in which it was cooked.
- Add tomatoes, frozen vegetables and sugar and simmer for at least an hour.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper and serve hot--even better if stored in refrigerator overnight, then reheated and eaten the next day.