1/1 Photo of Chicken Vegetable Soup
3 hrs 15 mins
Have you ever tried vegetable soup with chicken instead of beef?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts
- 9 -10 cups water
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen succotash (lima beans and corn)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and corn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 3/4 to 1 inch
- 1 teaspoon salt ((or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place chicken breasts and chopped onions in large pot (at least 6 quarts).
- 2Add water, bring to a boil, then turn back to medium heat and cook chicken for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from water, remove skin and bones, then cut chicken into smaller pieces and return to the water in which it was cooked.
- 4Add tomatoes, frozen vegetables and sugar and simmer for at least an hour.
- 5Add potatoes and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- 6Stir in salt and pepper and serve hot--even better if stored in refrigerator overnight, then reheated and eaten the next day.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 497.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen peas and corn