Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I inherited this along with most of my mom's recipes. She loved to collect them, but rarely used them. I'm glad I made this! Even though I doubled it, my boys cleaned out the pot and wished for more! I skinned my chicken.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 12 whole mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Wash and dry chicken thighs and legs.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet with lid. Add garlic and chicken pieces. Saute slowly over low heat until browned and cooked almost all the way through, about 20 minute.
- Add potatoes and green onions to the pan with the chicken. Place chicken on top of potatoes. Cover and cook 5 minute.
- Add peas, muchrooms and chicken broth. Turn all ingredients so that none get overly done on the bottom.
- Cover and continue cooking another 5 min over medium to low heat. Cook until potatoes and chicken are done.