Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and delicious weeknight entree. Serve with a side of rice, potatoe, or pasta along with a vegetable or salad and dinner is done.
- 2 celery ribs, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 -4 tablespoons olives or 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- Grate celery and onion in a bowl. Add ground chicken. Combine. Add egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, worcestershire, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes. Mix well. Mixture will be loose. Shape into 3/4 inch thick patties. Cook patties in hot oil about 10 minutes until brown. Turn patties over, cover skillet (to cook inside of patties) another 10 minutes or until brown. Patties are done when pressed lightly in the center and resistance is felt.
These were so good. To cut back on fat, I grilled the patties instead of frying them in oil.