1/2 Photos of Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a clean out the fridge and pantry sort of soup. Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you have around. Now I like my soup with a high goodies to broth ratio, more like a stew perhaps, so you may want to add more liquid. This would easily work in a large crock pot if you added the pasta at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, with liquid
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 5 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 -10 cups chicken broth (or more, or use half chicken broth, half vegetable broth)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1Combine all ingredients except broth and orzo in a large pot.
- 2Add broth until there is a little more broth than you like in a soup (the orzo will absorb some liquid).
- 3Slowly bring the soup to a simmer and simmer for an hour or more.
- 4Add orzo and continue to cook until orzo is tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano