Came across this from AWW website and had to try it. I am pleased to say its a keeper! The only addition I made was to add a small onion and some herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 g butter
- 1 large carrot, halved, sliced thinly
- 1 large leek, halved, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, chopped coarsely
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced thinly
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vermicelli or 1 cup risoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onion, leek, garlic & carrot until softened (about 10 minutes).
- 2Add the bacon and cook for further 2 minutes.
- 3Add chicken, cook stirring, until the chicken is browned lightly.
- 4Add stock, water and herbs and simmer gently for up to 20 minutes.
- 5Add pasta and simmer gently for about 5-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in the spinach. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 7Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Vegetable & Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 632.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs