Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400. White oven preheats, place bread slices on cookie sheet in oven and toast 10-15 minutes or until golden, turning over once. Transfer toast to wire rack to cool slightly. In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse bread until coarsely chopped. (You should have 1 scant cup). Line 15 1/2 X 10 1/2-inch jelly roll pan or 13 X 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, place chicken, vegetables, dill, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add bread crumbs and mix until blended, but do not overmix. In prepared pan, shape meat mixture into 9 x 5-inch loaf, handling meat as little as possible for best texture.
- Bake meatloaf 45-55 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 165. (Temperature will rise to 170 upon standing).
- Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes to set juices for easier slicing.