Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A healthy alternative to traditional lasagna! Courtesy of Glad® FreezerWare™
Make and share this Chicken Vegetable Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 4 Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring for 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the basil, oregano, zucchini, and red bell pepper; cook, stirring often for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Add the marinara and Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- Remember to wash hands and surfaces before preparing food.
- To Assemble: Spread a thin layer of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a layer of noodles, ricotta cheese, chicken mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a lettuce salad and warm garlic toast.
- To Freeze for Serving Later: Place leftover lasagna in refrigerator until completely cooled. Cut squares of lasagna and place into Gladware® containers. Store in freezer.
- To Serve From Frozen for Microwave: Lift lid of container to vent. Microwave on high power for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.