Recipe by Sauce Lover
Boneless chicken teams up with carrots and zucchini in a light and very flavorful dish!
Top Review by RedWonder
I was very pleased with how this turned out. I didn't have any good white wine, so just used extra chicken broth, and also didn't have a fresh lemon, so used bottled juice. Very simple, quick and easy. I served it with with brown rice and the flavors went together very nicely. This is going into my regular rotation - thanks for posting!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks 2 1/2x 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 2 1/2x1/2 inch sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour, shake off excess.
- Melt butter or margarine in 10" skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- In same skillet, stir in wine, chicken broth, lemon peel and lemon juice, salt, thyme and pepper. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add carrots and cover. Cook 4 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender, not mushy!
- Add chicken and zucchini slices;spoon over pan juices.
- Cook,uncovered about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.