Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy and so easy!
- 400 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 420 g cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following the packet directions, until just tender (al dente).
- Heat the oil, add the zucchini, mushrooms and spring onions.
- Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour in soup, cream and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in the tomatoes and parsley.
- Toss through cooked pasta and top with parmesan if desired.
- Serve immediately.
If my DH and I could give this more than 5 stars we would! This was an amazingly simple yummy dinner. I followed the general idea of the recipe. I did a 1 pound pkg of fettuccine, the oil, 1 zucchini, 4 oz sliced mushrooms, 3 green onions, 1 US can cream of chicken soup (it was something like 328 grams), 1/4 cup light cream, I omitted the water - only because I had overlooked it, and omitted the tomatoes as DH doesn't care for them. I used dried parsley instead of fresh and served with parmesan cheese and homemade french bread. You should also know I added 1 chicken breast cut up and seasoned with garlic salt and fresh ground pepper. The recipe says chicken and veggies and I didn't see chicken anywhere and didn't think you would mind if I tweaked it a bit. :) DH is very happy to take some to work for lunch tomorrow. :) Made for the May 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap. Thanks for sharing!
For the most part I followed the recipe, but added the mushrooms in step 4 rather than step 2! Also used a vegetable stock instead of the chicken soup & 1/2 cup of cream instead of the cream & water! That way THIS WAS A GREAT VEGETARIAN SOUP! Still, another time I'd like to make the recipe as written & include a cooked & chopped chicken breast or two! Thanks, much, for a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]