Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The aroma of this soup alone will have you drooling.The longer it cooks the better it tastes. Can be served after 2 hours or cooked for as long as 6. A really amazing flavor.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken half
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (3 ounce) packet chicken vegetable soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 375 ml bottles Chardonnay wine
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken,parsnips,celery, potatoes,sweet potato,soup mix,oregano,paprika,chicken stock,wine,salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and debone.
- Return chicken to pot and simmer for at least 90 more minutes.
- Remember the longer this cooks the better the flavor will be.
- For a variation try adding a couple 8oz cans of chopped tomatoes.