Recipe by valerie-lynn82
I don't remember where I found this recipe. I made some adjustments to the recipe so it would fit my dietary needs.
- 1 lb gluten free egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat to cook the egg noodles. Once boiling, add some salt and the noodles and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
- While the water is coming up to a boil for the egg noodles, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle the pan with two turns of the pan with EVOO, about 2 tablespoons Add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides for about 4-5 minute and remove to a plate.
- To the same large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and bay leaf, season with some salt and pepper and cook, stirring every now and then for 3-4 min, until the veggies start to get tender. Scoot the veggies to the sides of the skillet and add the butter to the center of the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the flour, stir to combine and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and milk and whisk together. Stir in the veggies, bring up to a bubble and simmer for 3-4 min until thick. Remove the bay leaf and then add the reserved chicken pieces, basil, parsley, drained noodles, and toss to combine.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake for 15 minute until the top is brown.