Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm, comforting and easy prep for a cold winter's day (or any other time for that matter!).
Make and share this Chicken-Vegetable Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8 large carrots
- 1⁄2 cup onion (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- Steam broccoli & cauliflower for 25 minutes.
- Boil carrots until tender, then cut diagonally.
- Stir onions into olive oil in saute pan; heat until translucent.
- Chop broccoli & cauliflower coarsely with knife and place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Add carrots and cooked shredded chicken, salt & pepper to taste.
- Add onions to vegetables.
- In a separate pan, cook cream of chicken and cream of celery soups (undiluted), with milk to boiling point. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add cheese and stir until slightly melted.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken & vegetables. Mix well and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
I'm always looking for great tasting ways to get more vegetables into our diet. This is a really great tasting recipe that not only looks great and tastes great but even gets the kids to eat their vegetables! I'll be fixing this casserole on regular rotation from now on!