Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this one night at the firehouse for the guys. Seemed to be a hit. I combined a few recipes I found into this personalized version!
- 4 chicken breasts (cut in strips)
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄8 cup margarine (melted)
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook chicken strips (season with last 4 ingredients to taste).
- Cook noodles, rinse, drain, set aside.
- Heat vegetables in pot of water, drain, set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; add soup, water, and butter; mix all together thoroughly.
- Combine (in casserole dish) noodles, chicken, vegetables, and mixture; fold together.
- Top with bread crumbs to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake additional 5 minutes.
I love this one! It's so simple and very delicious. The whole family enjoyed it and it made enough that I had some leftover for lunch the next day. Great recipe!