Recipe by Jwinter81
A simple, inexpensive yet tasty chicken dinner that can be ready in under 40 minutes.
Top Review by likewyse
This turned out a little watery, but it was pretty good, and not much work. Will use only 1/2 cup milk next time. I doubled the corn, as I had some leftover corn on the cob I wanted to use up, and only used half the cheese, it didn't seem to need any more than that.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup cow's low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 2⁄3 cup frozen carrots
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray medium casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with water, bring to a boil and add egg noodles. Return to boiling and add frozen carrots. Boil 8 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, then add peas and corn. Continue to cook until noodles are done. Drain in a colander and pour drained mixture into the casserole dish. While you are doing this you can also;.
- Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium and add cubed chicken breast, paprika, garlic, pepper and salt. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring often. When chicken is done, add soup and milk, stir well and heat for two minutes over medium. Pour into casserole.
- Fold chicken combination into noodle mixture. Top with cheese if desired and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.