Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I copied this recipe some time ago--don't remember where.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups lima beans
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and onion; sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and flour.
- Stir to combine.
- Whisk in water.
- Bring to boil.
- Add corn, lima beans, and carrots.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine cornbread mix, milk and egg; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls over chicken mixture.
- Spread gently to cover, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and filling is bubbly.