1 hr 30 mins
A good and fairly quick recipe. Little preparation time and one dish cooking, who could ask for more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans of regular cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons dill weed
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup whole grain cracker, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a 9x13" or larger casserole dish stir together rice, soup, water, 2 tablespoons of dill weed, 1 teaspoon of paprika, salt and pepper to taste, celery, onion, and carrots.
- 3make sure rice is covered by liquid.
- 4Skin chicken pieces and place meat side up on top of rice and vegetable mixture, leaving about 1" between pieces.
- 5Cover casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 6After 1 hour, remove casserole from oven and check chicken for doneness by piercing thickest pieces and looking for clear juices.
- 7If juices are pink or unclear put casserole back in oven and bake until juices run clear.
- 8Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt butter or margarine over low heat.
- 9Remove pan from heat and add in the crushed crackers, remaining 2 tablespoons of dill, and remaining 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- 10Stir well until butter is absorbed and mixture is moist.
- 11Remove casserole from oven and discard aluminum foil.
- 12Spoon cracker mixture over chicken pieces only and spread.
- 13Place casserole back in oven and bake 10-15 minutes more or until cracker mixture is firm but not dry.
- 14Remove casserole from oven and let stand 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed into the rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Vegetable and Brown Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.7
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 185.7 mg
- Sodium 1261.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain crackers