Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add celery and cook stirring 2-3 minutes
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add frozen vegetables; return to boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
I made this for supper last night and it was perfect comfort food for this deep-freeze we are having here. I always have Recipe #101403 individually frozen for quick recipes; partially thawed and cubed, I added it with the frozen veggies in step 4. I used low sodium, low fat chicken broth and added just a shake of dried minced garlic to spike it up. Great tasting, healthy, and very easy. Thanks for posting this recipe Karen. I'll be making this again!
Made this last nite for dinner and it got rave reviews. I didn't have the package of frozen mixed vegetables, so used my vegetables. I blanched fresh broccoli and cauliflower before adding to the soup. I had some baby carrots in the freezer that I used and I admit they may have changed the flavor of the soup some because I had prepared them with a light honey glaze before I froze them...but it didn't change it much cause I doubled all the ingredients except the carrots. I used homemade chicken broth. Now I had a very delish soup, but I stopped short of adding the bowtie noodles. Instead, for the starch, I made some very tasty dumplings, recipe#109196. Trust me when I say it only enhanced the soup. This was so fast and easy...yet presented like I had it cooking all day!